This Butternut Squash and Sweet Red Pepper Pasta Sauce is a nice alternative to the usual tomato. It’s also the perfect time of year for Butternut squash, so you can get seasonal with your pasta.
I made the Butternut Squash and Sweet Red Pepper Pasta Sauce the night before and kept it the fridge, ready to use the next evening. Great for when you know you’ll need something easy and quick the next day.
- 1/2 Butternut Squash, diced
- 1 shallot, diced
- 1 Sweet Red Pepper, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, sliced
- 2 tsp’s of ground nutmeg
- Small bunch of fresh parsley
- 2 tsp’s of coconut sugar (or unrefined brown sugar)
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 200ml of coconut milk
- In a pan of water cook the butternut squash on a medium heat for around 10 minutes or until it’s soft. Then drain.
- In another pan add a touch of olive oil along with the shallot, sweet red pepper and garlic. Sauce for about 2 minutes until soft and fragrant.
- Add the sauteed ingredients to the butternut squash along with the parsley, nutmeg, pepper, sugar and coconut milk. Then liquidise either in a blender or with a hand held one.
- Taste and add any seasoning if you wish. It keeps happily in the fridge overnight ready to be heated and used the next day or make it to add to your pasta there and then.
You might also like my Roasted Red Pepper And Tomato Pasta Sauce. Easy to make and freezes well so you can make a batch and use when you need it.