I know we are all being good in January and really shouldn’t be tempted by such delights but seriously it’s gluten free and dairy free brownies and they’re chocolate orange brownies!!! I’m a big fan of chocolate orange and so far I’ve only found one dairy free chocolate orange bar that I could easily demolish in one go, with the brownies though you can make them last a bit longer…. maybe!
What I love about a brownie, apart from the fact they are just pure chocolate, is that they’re a pretty easy go to when you are gluten free or dairy free. Easy and quick to make then just leave them in the oven for around 45 minutes until they’re ready, it’s really no bother.
150g Dairy Free Orange Chocolate (I used Moo)
100g Dairy Free Dark Chocolate
250g Dairy Free Butter
3 eggs & an extra yolk
200g Unrefined Sugar
30g Coconut Flour
30g Ground Almonds
1 tsp pink salt
60g Cocoa powder
1 tsp orange essence
1) Preheat your oven to 160º C (320º F/Gas Mark 3)
2) Slowly melt the chocolate and butter together on the hob, make sure the butter and chocolate are in bits and stir regularly so they don’t burn.
3) Gently whisk the egg and sugar together in another bowl to combine
4) Add the melted chocolate mixture into the whisked egg and again gently mix together
5) Mix in the cocoa powder, flour, almonds, salt and peppermint essence
6) Line an 8-inch square tine with baking paper then pour the brownie mixture into tin
7) Bake for 45-50 minutes or until a skewer comes out with sticky crumbs stuck to it but not quite clean.
8) Let cool and then cut into squares, sprinting some icing sugar over the top if you wish.
I’ve made Peppermint Brownies in the past as well because again I’m a big fan of mint chocolate! I did them for halloween but you can easily just make them for every normal day consumption! Just the same recipe as the chocolate orange brownies but I used mint chocolate and peppermint essence instead.