Yes this carrot and courgette soup has a creamy feel to it however it’s dairy free, as always with me. The secret to still getting that thick creamy texture is coconut milk, which I use a lot in the soups I make. I think it adds a bit of extra flavour as well giving you a nice thick soup, something you want on cold winter days!
Winter is also what the flavours in this soup remind me off. The nutmeg in this carrot and courgette soup gives it that warm comforting winter feel that I love around this time of year. It’s super easy to make and you’ll have enough to last you a few days or to keep in the freezer.
Carrot And Courgette Soup
- A little olive oil
- 2 large onions, peeled and roughly chopped
- 2 large carrots (around 500g) carrots, roughly chopped
- 2 large courgettes, washed and sliced
- 400mls coconut milk
- 1 tsp ground nutmeg
- 1 tsp mixed herbs
- sea salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Heat the olive oil in a large soup pan then add the chopped onions and sauté for about 5 minutes or until soft.
- Add the carrots & courgettes to the pan and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes. Add the coconut milk and top up with water until the veg is just covered. Add the nutmeg and mixed herbs. Cover with a lid and simmer gently for about 30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Liquidise the soup to a smooth consistency in the pan and season well with sea salt and freshly ground black pepper.
I hope you like this soup, it’s become one of my new favourites this year. If you’re looking for a few different soup ideas to get yourself through cold winter days then check out my other soup recipes here.