I think I’m over the festive food for this year now, so yesterday I just fancied baking myself some anytime yummy sweet cookies. These flourless almond and orange choc cookies are easy and so simple to make, dipping them in dairy free orange chocolate to give the almond butter a sweeter taste.
I bade them quite big cookies and got 9 out of the mixture but its completely up to you what size you want them. Also when you first take them out the oven they will look crumbly but once the cool they are absolutely perfect and have the right about of crisp for a cookie. Hope you enjoy!
Prep Time: 15 mins Cooking Time: 15 mins plus then 5 mins for melting and dipping in chocolate
1 Large egg
170g Of gluten free almond butter
1 Tsp of bicarbonate of soda
60g Of unrefined brown sugar
85g Of dairy free orange chocolate (I used Moo)
1) Preheat the oven to 160°C and line a large baking tray with greaseproof paper.
2) In a medium bowl, whisk the egg until beaten. Mix in the almond butter, then the brown sugar and bicarbonate of soda. Mix everything together well until combined.
3) Scoop the dough onto prepared baking sheet. Gently press down on the dough mounds with the back of a spoon. If you find the cookie dough balls are a little oily from your almond butter you can blot them with a paper towel.
4) Bake for 12 – 15 minutes. They will look soft bit don’t worry, they will crisp up and not fall apart!
5) Allow the cookies to cool for 10 minutes on the baking sheet before transferring to a wire rack to cool completely before moving onto dipping them in the orange chocolate. I just left mine and came back to them in a couple of hours when I had a free moment for the next stage.
6) Once they are completely cook put a heat proof bowl inside a pan of boiling water (you only need a slight amount of water in it to cover the bottom of the bowl) and break up your chocolate into the bowl letting it melt.
7) Dip each cookie into the melted chocolate just covering half of it. Put them back on the wire rack and let the chocolate set before storing them away or indeed eating them!