Why bother with a take away when you can make this Peanut Butter Chicken Curry and it’s pretty simple to make and doesn’t take that long to cook either. This peanut butter chicken curry is not only gluten free and dairy free but it’s thick, creamy and definitely fills you up, it’s also really delicious with just the right amount of kick to it. I often just through it together on a Saturday night as it’s easy to do, you’re just really putting all the ingredients in the pan and then leaving it to simmer away for 30 mins, no fuss or hassle. I’ve also sometime kept some of the sauce back once it’s cooked and reheated it the next day with some pasta, sounds odd I know but it’s actually pretty good!
Peanut Butter Chicken Curry Ingredients…
- 1 tbsp of coconut oil
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 100g smooth peanut butter
- 400ml of coconut milk
- 400g can of chopped tomatoes
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 red chilli, finely sliced
- 2 tsp fresh ginger, grated
- 2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp of coconut sugar
- 1 tbsp of coriander, roughly chopped
- Handful of baby spinach
- Half an aubergine, sliced
- Half a sweet red pepper, sliced
- 1 large spring onion, sliced
- Heat 1 tbsp of the oil in a deep frying pan or wok over a medium heat. Brown the chicken, then add the garlic, chilli, ginger and garam masala and fry for 1 min more.
- Stir in the peanut butter, coconut milk, tomatoes and coconut sugar, and bring to a simmer. Then cook for 25 mins until you start to see the sauce thicken. Also remember if you are having it with rice then check the time it takes to cook and get it on so everything is ready.
- After 25 mins add the spinach, aubergine, pepper, spring onion and coriander and let simmer for another 5 mins. The chicken should be cooked through and the sauce thick, ready to serve.
Another great weekend curry recipe that’s gluten free and dairy free is my Thai Coconut Curry.