A little Thanksgiving inspired treat today with sugar free muffins. I think they seem perfect for Christmas too but I’m not talking Christmas until December! I’ve made these sugar free because I don’t think you need it when using the maple syrup it’s a perfect natural sweetener. The maple syrup also gives them a lovely texture on the inside with that proper American muffin crisp on the outside. Enjoy!
Serves: 10 Muffins Baking Time: 25 mins
250g Gluten Free flour (I actually just used GF plain flour when making these as it what I had enough of in the cupboard)
3 tsps baking powder
¼ tsp Xanthan Gum
pinch of pink salt
200g of coconut milk
100g of melted coconut oil
125ml of maple syrup
200g of pecans
2 tsps ground sweet cinnamon
1) Grind your pecans down keeping several out for adding to the top at end. Grease your muffin tin in preparation and pre heat your oven at 180º
2) In one bowl mix together all your dry ingredients… flour,baking powder, xantham gum, salt, cinnamon and pecans. Make sure the filling is coated.
3) In another bowl thoroughly mix the milk, eggs, maple syrup and oil.
4) Add your dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, folding in gently until you can’t see the flour but leave it lumpy, it shouldn’t be smooth for muffins.
5) Now scoop the mixture into the muffin tin evenly so they all take the same time to cook. Put in your oven and bake for 25 mins. You will know they are ready if you press the top and they spring back up. If they don’t leave them for another 5 mins and keep checking.
For me they are delicious eaten warm when theyre not long out the oven and the maple syrup is all lovely and gooey inside.